INTRODUCING WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS FOR BUSINESSES
*SME = small and medium sized enterprises from 1-499 employees
- From coast to coast, a new network of small to medium-sized enterprises (SME’s) is building. Solving post-COVID workforce challenges from recruiting to hiring to retention, this initiative is drawing together business leaders for some very key conversations.
- In Design Labs held once a quarter from August 2022 to March 2023 – a select cadre of SMEs across Canada is now co-creating and testing solutions that will help support the backbone of Canada’s economy – businesses like yours, employing between 1 – 499. In fact, 85% of Canada’s economy is generated by SMEs.
- The Conference Board of Canada, in cooperation with the Immigrant Employment Councils across Canada, will be including SME feedback and recommendations to decision-makers.
- Understanding the regional needs of SMEs will help inspire new program innovations, build better policies and strengthen labour market outcomes for internationally trained professionals.
- Specifically, this is about formalizing strategic partnerships into a collaborative network to further advance the collective, forward-thinking leadership that Canadian business leaders provide.
- CRIEC is the designated partner to facilitate Calgary’s series of Design Labs, and report our findings back into the national network. Each business has appointed a designated spokesperson (HR or C-Suite) with a curious, collaborative mindset to participate in 4 online, interactive design labs between August 2022 – March 2023, to innovate, explore, and test Design Lab prototypes.
WHAT’S THE BENEFIT?
- Inclusion in an important national business network
- A crucial role in co-designing engagement and partnership models
- Collaborative creation of labour force solutions tailored to local needs
- Address Diversity, Equity and Inclusion challenges
- Meaningful connections with the settlement sector
- Mitigate the talent shortage and improve retention
- Amplify SME voices
For more information, please contact:
Natalie Cote, Manager of Special Projects
For more information or too join our SME network please submit your information below.