I’m already in Calgary
Welcome to CRIEC! If you are an newcomer professional living in Calgary and are starting to look for employment, CRIEC is here to help!
We have supported Newcomer Professionals for 10 years in career path planning strategies to get you ready to enter the Calgary workforce. View all of our strategies here.
We will assist you in areas that include:
- Reviewing your communication skills, education, experience and job readiness
- Analyzing and discussing your individual career path plan, goals and aspirations, and helping you identify strengths and gaps
- Assessing appropriate initial strategies based on the above review and analysis
A key strategy is the Mentoring Program.
To be eligible and considered for the CRIEC Mentoring Program the following criteria must be met.
- You have/are one of the following: (1) Permanent Resident status; (2) a convention refugee; or (3) protected person selected by Canada for resettlement in Canada by IRCC.
- You are settled in Calgary and available to prioritize a Mentoring Partnership. Ideally, you should have already accessed newcomer settlement services and career supports.
- You have post-secondary education, obtained outside of Canada.
- Prior to coming to Canada, you have a minimum of 1 year professional employment experience in your area of expertise.
- You have:
- No Canadian work experience within your profession and/or sector OR
- Limited Canadian work experience within your profession and/or sector.
- You are:
- Unemployed OR
- Underemployed, meaning you do not have enough paid employment, or you are not doing work that makes full use of your skills and abilities.
- You possess the English skills necessary to perform in the workplace. You should have at least a CLB Level 7 or IELTS Level 6.
- You have time to commit to and prioritize a Mentoring Partnership. You should able to commit 1 – 1.5 hours per week over a 8-16 week period to attend meetings with your mentor. Please be advised that mentors usually prefer to meet with their assigned mentees on business days (Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm)
For those of you that meet the requirements, please: