We seek to effectively and efficiently connect International Talent (internationally trained professionals) with our Champions (Calgary employers) in strategies we feel confident will lead to successful employment outcomes.
This classic mentoring strategy remains our flagship tool. It is a peer-to-peer occupation-specific mentoring strategy that matches an internationally trained professional with his or her Calgary counterpart.
Mentoring is a two-way conversation where mentor and mentee exchange questions and ideas about cultural matters in the Canadian workplace, explore job search and networking opportunities.
We provide expertise in making sure the mentor-mentee matches are suitable. We host orientation sessions and provide on-going coaching, guidance and support.
We offer specialized workshops to help build your confidence and get you on track to find meaningful employment.
- Transferable Skills – Explore your hard and soft skills and learn which skills can help you land a job in your field, a related profession, or a completely new career!
- Core Competencies – What do you do well, and how can you share that story well! Your story is the best story to help you land employment.
- Volunteerism 101 – We know volunteering is one of the best ways to start gaining Canadian work experience, but you have options. Find out what’s best for you and how to get connected.
- Career Path Planning – Helping new Calgarians road map their career and explore the necessary steps to help get them there.
- Mentor Shares – sharing best practices and building a network of support.
- Mentee Shares – coming together to support one another with a common goal.
- Networking 101 – There is a hidden job market in Calgary, and the best way to find a job in that market is through networking. We teach you how to get started, and some of the best ways to network.
And, customized workshops for employers who have specialized needs. If you’re looking to make a real difference with Diversity and Inclusion in your workplace, we can help.
Connect with us to learn more and see how you can attend.
Write Jaya Darhan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn all about the infamous Calgary Stampede during this exciting evening event. The Stampede is part of Calgarian culture, and is a great opportunity for new skilled talent to meet and connect with individuals from their desired professions in a fun and less formal way. If you’re interested you can write our team member Jaya Dharan.
Calling ALL Internationally Trained Lawyers
We have a new tool for Internationally Trained Lawyers (ITLs)! Click here to access it and start your career path in the legal community.
This new tool will help you with understanding accreditation, career path planning, articling opportunities and preparing yourself for success!
Since 2012, CRIEC has gained considerable expertise in providing hundreds of ITLs with the information, connections and inspiration required for meaningful employment based on skill sets, experience and career aspirations.
Charles Osuji’s story is a prime example of how knowledge, resilience and smarts intersect – knowing your career path strategy and seizing the opportunities available.