1. Introduction & Agreement
Our website address is: www.criec.ca.
Calgary Region Immigrant Employment Council (“CRIEC”) is a small, robust not-for-profit organization that seeks to effectively and efficiently connect international talent with local champions in strategies designed to lead to successful employment outcomes.
CRIEC is committed to protecting the privacy, accuracy and reliability of any personal information users choose to provide through this web site. This policy describes CRIEC’s personal information privacy practices.
By accessing this web site you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions of this policy and consenting to the use of your personal information in accordance with the policy. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, please exit from this web site and do not disclose any personal information through this web site or access any other pages. Changes may be made at any time to this policy, without prior notice. It is your responsibility to check these terms and conditions for changes and updates. Should you have any questions about this policy or CRIEC’s data collection and use practices, please email [email protected] (These terms and conditions were last updated on December 12, 2018.)
2. Collection of Personal Information through website, databases and other means of communication
In this policy, “personal information” refers to information about an identifiable individual such as an individual’s name, address, phone number, age, sex, marital or family status, identifying number, educational history, work history or immigration history. While the personal information we collect may come directly from you, it may also be provided by our affiliates or other third parties. Personal information does not include publicly available information such as a public directory listing or social media information of an individual’s name, address or phone number; or business contact information such as an individual’s name, position/name/title, business address, business phone number, business e-mail, business fax number and other similar business information; or aggregated information that cannot be associated with a specific individual.
- b. If you choose to connect with CRIEC through email or phone, CRIEC may request or you may provide certain information which will enable us to communicate with you. The personal information collected may include your name, position title, employer name, address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, applicable email address and any other means of communicating with you. This personal information is used to communicate with you regarding CRIEC programming, workshops and seminars, mentoring connections and other strategies listed on our “About” section of this web site. This personal information is shared beyond our organization only with your permission and is securely stored in our databases or in databases in which we have access.
- c. If you choose to join CRIEC as a client or as a Mentor, you may be asked to provide additional personal information that will enable us to provide you with the services you have requested. This additional personal information will not be provided to us by you through this website and instead will be provided to us by you by means of a secure process. All such additional personal information so collected, stored, used and dealt with, will be done so in accordance with this policy and with the specific terms governing that particular process.
3. Use of Personal Information
CRIEC uses the personal information noted in Section 2 for the purposes indicated above. In addition, CRIEC may use the personal information noted in Section 2 to provide other services and information that you may request, to contact you in connection with CRIEC’s events, news and other activities, and to provide users with additional information about events and services in which you might be interested.
If you provide personal information and later decide that you do not want it used for these purposes, you may opt out by contacting CRIEC at [email protected] Please refer to the Personal Information: Correction and Removal section below.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
CRIEC will share personal information only in the following circumstances:
- b. CRIEC may disclose personal information when required or permitted to do so by law or legal process.
- c. Aggregate information does not contain any personal information about users of this web site. From time to time, CRIEC may use and disclose information in aggregate form.
- d. CRIEC may also use this personal information to assess your future needs and to offer the services that may best meet those needs, from ourselves, our affiliates or reputable organization selected by us. If you do not wish to receive these offers or such information, please contact [email protected]c.ca as outlined below in the “Questions” section.
5. Consent to the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
When we receive personal information from you that enables us to provide you with a requested product or service, your consent to allow us to deal with that personal information in a reasonable manner is implied. If you need to provide personal information about other individuals (such as employees, dependents, etc.), you must first obtain their consent for these purposes prior to your disclosure to us.
Providing us with your personal information is always your choice. When you request services from us, we ask that you provide information that enables us to respond to your request. In doing so, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure to appropriate third parties of such personal information for the purposes described in this policy. You also authorize us to use and retain this personal information for as long as it may be required for the purposes described above. Your consent remains valid even after the termination of our relationship with you, unless you provide us with written notice that such consent is withdrawn.
6. Personal Information: Correction and Removal
If users wish to correct their personal information, or request that their personal information be removed from CRIEC’s database or web site, they may contact CRIEC at [email protected] CRIEC will correct any factual inaccuracies identified, and remove information as requested. Removal of a user’s personal information may prevent us from providing further services and information to the user.
7. Privacy and the Internet
9. Links to Other Sites
CRIEC will protect personal information using security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the personal information received.
If you have any questions about this policy, this web site or its offerings, you may contact us at www.criec.ca .