CALL FOR BOARD OF DIRECTORS AT CALGARY REGION IMMIGRANT EMPLOYMENT COUNCIL
The Calgary Region Immigrant Employment Council (CRIEC) is looking for four new Board of Directors to replace members whose terms will expire in 2023 and 2024. CRIEC is searching for committed and qualified candidates with significant board experience with significant successes in the following fields:
- Finance and Accounting
- Board Governance
- Project Management
- Fund Development
- Community Development
Candidates from other relevant fields and backgrounds are also welcome to apply.
CRIEC is a diverse board and welcomes qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and with or without direct lived experience, or experience working with internationally trained professionals and has a passion for supporting marginalized populations to unleash their potential.
The CRIEC is a small and robust not-for-profit organization that is committed to supporting internationally trained professionals integrate into the labor market. They help newcomer professionals develop and execute strategies leading to successful employment outcomes. CRIEC’s vision is a welcoming community that encourages, fosters, and enables every person to reach their potential.
The three key pillars are fundamental to the work we do at CRIEC:
- Mentorship Program – Match newcomer professionals with volunteer Mentors
- Mentor Engagement – Work with organizations to recruit, train and mentor Mentors.
- Employer Engagement – Work with employers to increase their readiness to engage, attract, recruit, and retain newcomer professionals.
The Board of Directors at CRIEC is comprised of leaders from the non-profit and for-profit sectors who are dedicated to the organization’s vision. As a governance board, the day-to-day operations of the organization are led by its Executive Director. As such the Board’s role is to provide leadership and strategic governance. Specific board member responsibilities include leadership, governance, and oversight. The board also assists in identifying and securing additional funding and in cultivating partnerships and collaborations with other organizations, individuals and groups that share our mission.
The Board of Directors serve as trusted advisors and are expected to:
- Keep information confidential where required.
- Have the financial acumen to read and understand the organization’s financial statements and to otherwise help the board fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities.
- Serve on one or more committees of the board and actively participate in committee work.
- Play an active role in securing the financial resources necessary for CRIEC to achieve its vision.
- Responsibly represent CRIEC to their respective communities and advocate for CRIECs mission, programs, and services as appropriate.
- Read board materials in advance of board meetings and come prepared to ask questions and participate in discussions.
- Quarterly board meetings and committee meetings as required (a minimum of 6 meetings per year)
- Attendance at organization events and activities
- Time commitment 4-8 hrs per month
- Directors serve for a term of up to three years (from June 2023-June 2026), subject to renewal for a second term of up to 3 years.
BENEFITS TO THE CANDIDATE
- Make a significant impact in the lives of newcomers, specifically internationally trained.
- Be in service for others.
- Gain expertise on complex issues that are integral to the lives of internationally trained newcomers, employers, and the local economy.
- Broaden your connections and build valuable networks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive professional experience with significant leadership accomplishments.
- Previous experience as a Board Member.
- Previous Board member in not-for-profit would be an asset.
- Formal board training would be an asset.
- Passion for our mission and a desire to make a positive impact.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work collaboratively with others and contribute to a positive team environment.
- Knowledge of non-profit financial acumen, governance, and best practices.
- Experience in fund development and community outreach are preferred assets.
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus is helpful.
To apply to be a candidate of CRIEC’s Board of Directors, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All information contained in this form is strictly confidential and will be held in a manner respecting the privacy of the applicant.
Application Deadline: May 21st, 202
Join our Board of Directors
Application Deadline: May 21st, 2023
“I want to make a difference.”