The Calgary Region Immigrant Employment Council (CRIEC) is a small, robust not-for-profit organization that seeks to effectively and efficiently connect Talent with Champions in strategies designed to lead to successful employment outcomes.
Our Mission is to connect Talent with Champions in strategies that will lead to successful employment outcomes.
A welcoming community that encourages, fosters and enables every person to reach his or her potential.
CRIEC Champions getting together: Charles, our Executive Director Bruce, Nitin and Suchita
At CRIEC, we believe:
- “Talent” or “International Talent” is an internationally trained professional (ITP) seeking to make the Calgary region his/her home
- “Champion” is a company, organization or individual that:
- hires and retains Talent
- mentors Talent or provides Talent with further connections
- provides Talent with volunteering or other learning opportunities
- facilitates workshops, panel discussions or networking opportunities for Talent; or
- supports the journey of all Talent looking to call our local community home
- “successful employment outcomes” are achieved when Talent secures and retains career paths that are commensurate with their education, training, experience and aspirations and which meet the workforce objectives of employers.
What Does CRIEC Do?
We design, develop and implement various initiatives and strategies, including mentoring and connecting programs, career path planning sessions and competency (cultural and skill) workshops for both Talent and Champions.
How Does CRIEC Do This?
Following our Mission and Vision, we combine solid corporate experience with a real “can-do” attitude. Our success over the past 10 years is due in large measure to our exceptional employer and community partners, the committed stewardship provided by our veteran Board of Directors and the sage guidance of our advisors.
We adhere to these Operational Guidelines:
- CRIEC builds pathways and positive relationships between Champions and Talent that encourage hiring and retention.
- CRIEC works with relevant stakeholders toward creating seamless and transparent processes that empower Talent to work in their field and, where applicable, achieve full acceptance by their professional and regulatory bodies.
- CRIEC aims to:
- Support, encourage and work with organizations and individuals that share our Vision and Mission.
- Initiate solutions to specific issues, where appropriate.
- Identify and raise awareness of built-in barriers faced by Talent and work toward removing these impediments to success.
- Ensure multi-stakeholder collaboration, wherever practicable.